Recently there are many case reported that "autorun" virus spread through so many computer due to using flash memory or pendrive, so we need a preventive action to stop this virus spread to our computer!
Naevius USB Antivirus
USB drives are so popular and generally get used to move data between multiple systems frequently. Even though USB drives are very useful, they are potential breeding ground for viruses. When you stick your flash drive the host computer will look for commands in "autorun.inf" to be executed automatically. Normally those commands in "autorun.inf" are harmless, but if the file was modified, it may call for execution of a Trojan or whatever program in your USB flash drive automatically.
Naevius USB Antivirus is a tool which protects your pen drive from autorun-viruses.
Naevius USB Antivirus 2.1 is a powerful real-time antivirus application that protects your PC from all kinds of malware residing on USB drives connected to your system...
Although USB flash drives are the most popular devices when it comes to transporting data, their contents may be infected with malicious programs...
Key features of Naevius USB Antivirus.
- Protection against any Trojans, spyware, worms via USB storage.
- Compatible with any antivirus resident like for example: BitDefender, Nod32, Kaspersky, AVG, Norton, McAfee, Panda, AVAST etc.
- Protection in realtime with.
- 100% protection from outside with write-protected dummy "autorun.inf" file.
How to buy.
First of all, we would like to notify you that Naevius USB Antivirus has a 21-day trial period - just download a trial version
here and feel free to "test drive" it. Have you already tried it, loved it and would like to use it longer than the trial period? Then this is the place where you can purchase the license.
After placing the order, you receive a registration key that you should enter into the trial version to unlock it and continue using the software without any time and functionality limitations.
The fastest, easiest and most secure way to purchase a license is to buy it online at a secure server and pay using a credit or debit card or PayPal. However, there are many alternative methods of payment, including Purchase Orders for large organizations that can't pay online.
100% Unconditional Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee!
That's right - if you should not be satisfied with our software for any reason whatsoever, just let us know within 30 days of purchase, and we will refund your order in full. No questions asked.
Registration key will be sent to you on receipt of payment.
Tech support and upgrades are free forever for registered users.
Frequently Asked Quesions about Naevius USB Antivirus.
Q: Naevius USB Antivirus does not run on startup (windows vista).
A: After you reboot you will be warned that Windows blocked some start-up programs.
After Windows Vista starts, you can run any blocked programs or blocked services by following these
1. Click the Blocked startup programs icon that is in the notification area.
2. Point to Run blocked program, and then click the program or the service in the list that you want to start.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Q: Using Windows Vista, upon every boot up I get the message: "Windows has blocked some startup
programs...". I have to manually allow usbantivirus.exe to run.
1. Enter the Control Panel and type UAC in the search box.
2. The first result returned by the search will be User Accounts - Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.
3. Click on it and the UAC window will open. Deselect the option Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and press the OK button.
4. Windows Vista will ask you to restart your computer. After the restart, UAC will be disabled and all the confirmation requests will no longer bug you.
1. Run Naevius USB Antivirus.
2. Click the "Settings" button
3. Clear "Launch Naevius USB Antivirus at computer startup" checkbox, and click "OK".
4. Run "Vista Task Scheduler":
Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler.
5. Click the "Create Task" link (not Create Basic Task).
6. On the general tab give the task a name ("usb antivirus autorun").
7. Select a user account that has Administrator privileges.
8. Check the option "Run only when user is logged on".
9. Check the box "Run with highest privileges".
10. Click the "Triggers" tab and click the "New" button.
11. Select "At log on" from the drop-down list at the top.
12. Check the "Any user" option.
13. At the bottom under Advanced Settings check the Enabled box and click OK.
14. Click the Actions tab and click the New button.
15. Click Browse and locate the program you want to run at startup:
"C:\Program Files\Naevius USB Antivirus\usbantivirus.exe".
16. In the "Add arguments" box enter "-hide".
17. Click the Settings tab.
18. Check the box "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".
19. Uncheck the box "Stop the task if it runs longer than:".
20. Click OK, then OK again.
Q: I was wondering if there was a way for this antivirus to startup every time I plugged my flash drive into any
computer. I have it installed on my flash drive so I can have my drive protected from any pc I plug it into.
Protect from outside by making undeletable write-protected dummy "autorun.inf" file using Naevius
1. Backup all contents of thumb drive.
2. Download and Install Naevius
3. Run Naevius USB Protector.
4. Select USB Device that you want to protect.
5. Click "Protect" button.
Done, viruses will have read only access for "autorun.inf".
Q: The Disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection.
A: Here's how I fixed it:
open Regedit and navigate to
If there is a WriteProtect key (REG_DWORD) then
1 = Write Protect On
0 = Write Protect Off
Set to 0 and try (may have to reboot in some cases).
Q: I have the MSG "You must have Administrator privileges to use Naevius USB Antivirus."
in my network for the student users can you help me?
For Windows Vista:
1. Right-click an naevius usb antivirus shortcut.
2. Click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.
3. Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.
For Windows XP and Windows 2000:
In Microsoft Windows 2000 and in Microsoft Windows XP, you can run programs as a different user than the currently-logged on user.
1. Navigate to the shortcut item. Click Start, point to Programs, and then locate the shortcut item in the Programs menu.
If the shortcut is not located in the Programs folder of the Start menu, navigate to the proper location of the shortcut.
2. Press SHIFT and hold while you right-click the shortcut item, and then click Run as.
3. Perform one of the following steps, depending on which operating system you
Windows 2000: In Run As Other User, type the User name, Password, and Domain, and then click OK.
Windows XP: In Run As, click the the following user option, type or select the User name, type the Password, and then click OK.
Q: I tried to protect my ubs flash drive, but it gives me an error.
Even if I format the flash drive the program keep telling me that's it has a virus and have to clean it.
A: you are using non-english version of windows. Change "language for non-unicoed programs" in control panel-Regional and Language
Q: How to unprotect my storage usb (pen drive) its is protected from
naevius usb protector?
A: Format your drive.
Q: how to put back my removable usb when it was restarted by naevius?
A: Click "restart all" button.
Q: Disable Autoplay of Audio CDs and USB Drives.
1. Run Naevius USB Antivirus.
2. Click the "Settings" button
3. Clear "Enable Autorun on DVD, CD and other removable media"
checkbox, and click "OK" (view screenshot).
Q: Autorun.inf, What is it?
A: The autorun.inf file is the key to getting your USB drive (or CD-ROM drive, for that matter) to perform certain actions automatically and customize it's look in My Computer.
Q: What OS support the program?
A: OS Support: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows